Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Lajos Moczar <lm...@galatea.com> on 2001/12/05 18:38:51 UTC

Alternative location for DTDs

Hi all -

This problem is driving me crazy. I have a bunch of xml files to process
with Xalan, each in a separate dirctory. All the XMLs have a DTD
declaration like this:

<!DOCTYPE FRUID_XML_Tree SYSTEM "mydoc.dtd">

The problem is that I don't want to have to copy mydoc.dtd into each
directory. Ideally, I'd like to ignore the DTD declaration, but
alternatively I need to at least be able to tell Xalan to look for the
dtd in a different directory (like the directory where the xsl file is).
Originally, I thought that I could use a custom URIResolver for this,
but it appears that the URIResolver is not called to resolve DTD locations.

Can anyone suggest anything? I have this problem with serveral different
applications and I'm at a loss as to what to do.

Regards,

Lajos