Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by br...@homepoint.com on 2000/10/05 15:46:50 UTC

Parser Confusion?

OK - after reading all the "Confession" emails, and realizing I signed up
for this list like 2 weeks ago and have no business giving my .02 cents -
I'll stay out of it and just report a problem I've noticed with Xerces :)

Like I've said before, I'm currently writing a servlet under
ApacheHTTP/Tomcat which parses an XML instance document and validates it
against a schema.
When I left yesterday I was happily at a great milestone in the project I'm
working on and I had the instance docs validating, pulling data and dumping
into a database.  When I got in this morning however, I sent another XML
document to the servlet (making no changes to anythiing since yesterday)
and got the following validation error:
**Parsing Error**
 Line: 20
 Message: Datatype error: In element
'InformationProviderAlignmentIdentification' : Value 'informationProvider'
with length '19' exceeds maximum length facet of '3'..

When I restarted the tomcat server and tried the servlet again, it worked
fine.  Any ideas on what could be causing this?  Here is the complexType
definition for the above error:
        <xsd:complexType name="InformationProviderType" content
="elementOnly">
                <xsd:element name="PartyIdentification" type
="PartyIdentificationType" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1"/>
                <xsd:element name
="InformationProviderAlignmentIdentification" minOccurs="1" maxOccurs="1">
                        <xsd:simpleType base="xsd:string">
                                <xsd:enumeration value
="informationProvider"/>
                        </xsd:simpleType>
                </xsd:element>
        </xsd:complexType>

I don't see where its getting the maximum length facet of 3 from?

Thanks,

- Brent