Posted to users@archiva.apache.org by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com> on 2009/08/26 22:22:42 UTC

Artifact cleanup

All,

As part of our regular maintenance, I go into one of our repositories
and purge out items that are no longer needed. This leaves the Maven
metadata file (maven-metadata.xml) out of date as it referees to items
that no longer exist. Is there a way, via Archiva (version 1.1.3), to
update, or delete then recreate, these metedata files? In an automated
and scheduled way.

Re: Artifact cleanup

Posted by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com>.
Let me explain a little more.

In the location in question, we're pushing release and snapshot builds
(I included an example metadata file). In the case that was brought to
my attention, the artifact referenced by <latest> was removed by me, but
the metadata file was never updated to set the latest version to 2.0.0
(same version as the release version).

Hope that helps a little.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata>
    <groupId>ourPackage</groupId>
    <artifactId>mySimpleArtifact</artifactId>
    <versioning>
        <latest>1.0-SNAPSHOT</latest> <!-- Artifact I removed manually -->
        <release>2.0.0</release>
        <versions>
            <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
            <version>1.1.0</version>
            <version>2.0.0</version>
        </versions>
        <lastUpdated>20090812152918</lastUpdated>
    </versioning>
</metadata>

Re: Artifact cleanup

Posted by Michael Delaney <md...@upromise.com>.