Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Chuck Johnson <cd...@viviport.com> on 2001/06/15 15:22:07 UTC

Jetspeed with Velocity configuration

All,

I am trying to configure the latest Jetspeed CVS to use Velocity as the main
template engine.  I tried using the TR.velocity file as the TR.p file.  I
get the following exception when I try to access the main page:

org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
service PoolService requested
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
Broker.java:356)
	at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
ava:298)
	at
org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:231)

The PoolService seems to be configured identically in both the provide TR.x
files.

I am running the following configuration:

Jetspeed CVS HEAD
Tomcat 3.2.2
JDK 1.3.0_02

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck
--
Charles D. Johnson

Vice President of Engineering
ViviPort, Inc., North Andover, Massachusetts USA
978.686.0096 | cdjohns@viviport.com | www.viviport.com

Re: Jetspeed with Velocity configuration

Posted by Raphaƫl Luta <ra...@networks.groupvu.com>.
Chuck Johnson wrote:

> All,
>
> I am trying to configure the latest Jetspeed CVS to use Velocity as the main
> template engine.  I tried using the TR.velocity file as the TR.p file.  I
> get the following exception when I try to access the main page:
>
> org.apache.turbine.services.InstantiationException: ServiceBroker: unknown
> service PoolService requested
> 	at
> org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getServiceInstance(BaseService
> Broker.java:356)
> 	at
> org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.getService(BaseServiceBroker.j
> ava:298)
> 	at
> org.apache.turbine.util.RunDataFactory.putRunData(RunDataFactory.java:231)
>
> The PoolService seems to be configured identically in both the provide TR.x
> files.
>
> I am running the following configuration:
>
> Jetspeed CVS HEAD
> Tomcat 3.2.2
> JDK 1.3.0_02
>
> Any suggestions?

I've not checked the TR.velocity recently but to enable Velocity as default

you only need to change one setting in the TR.p file:

services.TemplateService.default.extension=jsp

services.TemplateService.default.extension=vm

And that's it.

Vivendi Universal Networks - Paris