Posted to api@openoffice.apache.org by Michel <mp...@uni-koblenz.de> on 2016/03/09 21:31:23 UTC

OpenOffice API Programming

Good day everyone,

I'm interested in programming a little extension for OpenOffice,
especially Impress. But currently I'm not sure which language would be
the best one to achieve my goals and realize the ideas I have. Just quick:

  * creating a new little button in impress' GUI that can be pressed by
    the user
      o a new small window will appear and display some informations,
        like the current slice's elements position on the slice and so on

I'm doing some research in the online documentary of OO's API, but after
all I'm not even sure if this is possible using just an extension and
without messing around with OO's source code.

Thanks for your replies!

Michel

Re: OpenOffice API Programming

Posted by Andrew Douglas Pitonyak <an...@pitonyak.org>.
You can create Macros in Basic and tie them to toolbar icons or keyboard
short cuts. You can also create an extension with a menu item.

On 03/09/2016 03:31 PM, Michel wrote:
> Good day everyone,
>
> I'm interested in programming a little extension for OpenOffice,
> especially Impress. But currently I'm not sure which language would be
> the best one to achieve my goals and realize the ideas I have. Just
> quick:
>
>  * creating a new little button in impress' GUI that can be pressed by
>    the user
>      o a new small window will appear and display some informations,
>        like the current slice's elements position on the slice and so on
>
> I'm doing some research in the online documentary of OO's API, but
> after all I'm not even sure if this is possible using just an
> extension and without messing around with OO's source code.
>
> Thanks for your replies!
>
> Michel

Andrew Pitonyak
Info:  http://www.pitonyak.org/oo.php

Re: OpenOffice API Programming

Posted by Mark Hung <ma...@gmail.com>.
It depends on how complicated your extension is.

However, there are shortcuts. You may use Basic Adding Builder to add the
icons to toolbar and pack your basic macro. Or use it as a skeleton of your
extension. Use macro recorder to record the macro you need. And you can use
MRI to generate code that manipulate UNO object.