Posted to user@struts.apache.org by JOEL VOGT <jo...@studentmail.newcastle.edu.au> on 2001/03/16 12:44:34 UTC

Please Help

Okay,

I've been trying to get my own struts apps going without much success. I
get the following error:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
ActionFormBeans collection

I also get the message:
"cannot load servlet name action"

I have everything in the places suggested by the user-guides and about
10000 struts mailing list helpers, I don't have servlet.jar floating
around or anything else obvious that might stuff it up. The example
programs with struts all seem to work. It's only when I try to get some
action classes or similar going that I get problems.
I'm trying to run the app on tomcat3.2.1 in windows.

Any suggestions/solutions? Thanks, Joel.

Re: Please Help

Posted by Maya Muchnik <mm...@pumatech.com>.
Please, check again if you have struts.jar file under
webapps/your_app/WEB-INF/lib dir.

Re: Please Help

Posted by Marc Antoine Garrigue <Ma...@ecl2001.ec-lyon.fr>.
i had the same probleme under windows..
i try everything possible (path classpath, jars server.xml...) nothing
works..

my advice : try linux ;-))

Re: Please Help

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001, JOEL VOGT wrote:

> Okay,
>
> I've been trying to get my own struts apps going without much success. I
> get the following error:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find ActionMappings or
> ActionFormBeans collection

If the controller servlet is not marked <load-on-startup>, or it fails to
start correctly, you will get this.

> I also get the message:
> "cannot load servlet name action"

And that message would imply that the init() method of the controller
servlet threw an exception.  There should also be some other messages in
the Tomcat logs, or to the output stream from Tomcat, describing what it
is complaining about in more detail.

One of many possible causes for this would be if there was a parsing error
reading your struts-config.xml file, for example.

> I have everything in the places suggested by the user-guides and about
> 10000 struts mailing list helpers, I don't have servlet.jar floating
> around or anything else obvious that might stuff it up. The example
> programs with struts all seem to work. It's only when I try to get some
> action classes or similar going that I get problems.
> I'm trying to run the app on tomcat3.2.1 in windows.
>
> Any suggestions/solutions? Thanks, Joel.

Craig