Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Alistair Young <Al...@uhi.ac.uk> on 2011/05/27 14:00:56 UTC

Durable topic consumer lots messages after kill

Hi there,

I have a durable topic consumer that was killed by a power outage while consuming messages. It was down for 3 days and when it reconnected, all the remaining messages on the topic had disappeared. It only received messages on the topic after it reconnected. I've since shut it down, waited an hour or so and reconnected it and it gets its messages ok so the producer is sending durable messages and the broker is making sure the consumer gets them. 3 days downtime seems to have caused the broker to remove the consumer's subscription and empty the topic?

thanks,

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0

Re: Durable topic consumer lots messages after kill

Posted by Alistair Young <al...@uhi.ac.uk>.
embedded activemq:

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.apache.activemq</groupId>
  <artifactId>activemq-camel</artifactId>
  <version>5.2.0</version>
</dependency>

191 messages were sent but when the consumer reconnected after 3 days they weren't there.

Alistair

--
mov eax,1
mov ebx,0