Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Martin Lichtin <li...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/07/15 19:12:43 UTC

Felix DM - Migrating from version 3 to 4

When migrating from DM version 3 to 4, I've code that's using the stop() method on the Component interface.

     component.stop();

What would I migrate this to?

Re: Felix DM - Migrating from version 3 to 4

Posted by Pierre De Rop <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hello Martin,

you can stop your component by removing it from the dependency manager
object.

Here is an example:

public class Activator extends DependencyActivatorBase {
    @Override
    public void init(BundleContext ctx, DependencyManager dm) throws
Exception {
        Component c = createComponent().setImplementation(Example.class);
        dm.add(c);
        dm.remove(c); // will stop the component
    }
}

regards
Pierre