Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Florian Ried <Fl...@gmx.de> on 2005/12/28 20:13:26 UTC

JSR-170 Levels - Images on Jackrabbit Homepage

Hi,

I had a look at the images describing the different levels of JSR-170 on
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/doc/arch/overview/jcrlevels.html.
Why do they not correspond to the level description given in the
specification? I also have some questions to the to different images:

Level 1:
- What does "Structured: Strong Typed Information" mean? I think that it
only depends on the concrete implementation content wheather content is
structured or unstructured
- Why is "transient namespace mapping" not mentioned?

Level 2:
- What does "Unstructured" mean (see level 1)
- "Referential Integrity" is only right, if the optional NodeType
mix:referencable is supported
- What das "Access Control" mean? Session.login() or
Session.checkPermission, I think that this a optional Feature (see Spec
2.2 Goals).
- Why is "persistent namespace mapping" not mentioned?

Are the images available in higher resolution, i would need them for a
term paper.

Greetings
Florian