Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2014/06/02 14:33:45 UTC

Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data

Hello All,
I'm newbie to Hadoop and interested to know if hadoop can be useful
in order to solve the problem I am seeing.

We have big data (sometimes b/w 200 - 600 GB) to store in the release data
management (repository server, currently we are using synchronicity
designsync) which takes roughly about  *3-7 hours* to upload/checkin this
data (and download from repository server).

I would like to know if application of hadoop can be useful in order to
reduce this big time. The time taken is bothering design engineers to
upload and download which further lead to delay in deliveries.

Please note I'm new to hadoop and checking the possibility of usage in this
scenario.

Best Regards,
Rahul

Re: Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Thank for your reply.
The data is design data. This data is mix of ascii, binary and design views
(IPs, libraries, cadence design data etc..).
Currently its exactlly the way we use any other repository servers such as
svn, git. etc.. (checkin, checkout, add, tag etc...).
User stores the data on the repository server (creating a module, adding
data, checking, tagging and releasing... etc).

Rahul

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Thank for your reply.

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Thank for your reply.

Posted by "rahul.soa" <ra...@googlemail.com>.
Thank for your reply.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Re: Hadoop usage in uploading & downloading big data

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE