Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Mike Seavers <mi...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/28 15:11:11 UTC

OSGI Bundles and ResourceBundles (i18n)

Hello,

I want to create a ResourceBundle extension backed by a JackRabbit
repository for my OSGI application.  The design would allow for an OSGI
bundle to be injected with another Resource Service bundle to get it's
respective ResourceBundle.  This will also be backed by a cache (like
ehCache) to minimize trips to the JCR.

My question is: has there been any work done in the area of support for
ResourceBundles in OSGI beyond the normal Java mechanisms? I don't want to
reinvent the wheel if I can just extend a model that is already in place or
already being worked on.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Re: OSGI Bundles and ResourceBundles (i18n)

Posted by "Richard S. Hall" <he...@ungoverned.org>.
Mike,

I am not aware of any work in this area, but perhaps others know of
something.

-> richard

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Am Freitag, den 28.09.2007, 08:11 -0500 schrieb Mike Seavers:
> Hello,
>
> I want to create a ResourceBundle extension backed by a JackRabbit
> repository for my OSGI application.  The design would allow for an OSGI
> bundle to be injected with another Resource Service bundle to get it's
> respective ResourceBundle.  This will also be backed by a cache (like
> ehCache) to minimize trips to the JCR.

I would be very interested to see such work.

Re Caching: I would probably not use ehCache here, as it is somewhat
overkill. I would just use an LRUMap, which allows for limitation, LRU
cleanup and that's what is needed here. Just my €.02.

Regards
Felix