Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Gerardi Francesco (CAP-SST/ESM1)" <Fr...@de.bosch.com> on 2018/11/08 14:35:48 UTC

Feedback download.html

Dear developers,

We are using poi 3.9 already for excel file generation and plan to migrate to 4.0 using enhanced excel graph features.

Since we are making use of poi within eclipse ecosystem we are looking for an valid orbit mirror to get 4.0 version from.

This one has still poi v3.9. : http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20181031145145/

When are you guys planning moving to 4.0? Or can you gently provide us a location ?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Francesco Gerardi
Robert Bosch GmbH

Re: Feedback download.html

Posted by Nick Burch <ap...@gagravarr.org>.
On Thu, 8 Nov 2018, Gerardi Francesco (CAP-SST/ESM1) wrote:
> We are using poi 3.9 already for excel file generation and plan to
> migrate to 4.0 using enhanced excel graph features.

There's a lot of bug fixes since 3.9! See everything above
http://poi.apache.org/changes.html#3.9 ....

A few things have been deprecated over the years, so you might need to
upgrade partway, fix the deprecation warnings with the recommended fixes,
then upgrade more.

> This one has still poi v3.9. :
> http://download.eclipse.org/tools/orbit/downloads/drops/S20181031145145/

We don't control that download site, we only control the official
apache.org download site [1] and mirrors [2], and the org.apache.poi maven
co-ordinates [3]. You'd need to talk to the folks over at Eclipse about
updating their mirrors and/or builds

Nick

[1] http://poi.apache.org/download.html
[2] https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/release/