Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Pankaj Gupta <pa...@brightroll.com> on 2012/12/04 00:59:01 UTC

Changing hadoop configuration without restarting service

Hi,

Is it possible to change hadoop configuration files such as core-site.xml and get the changes take effect without having to restart hadoop services?

Thanks,
Pankaj

Re: Changing hadoop configuration without restarting service

Posted by Barak Yaish <ba...@gmail.com>.
Taking the opportunity on this thread - is it possible change my Map/Reduce
code and other third party jars without restarting the service?

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Generally true for the framework config files, but some of the
supplementary features can be refreshed without restart. For e.g. scheduler
configuration, host files (for included / excluded nodes) ...

On Tue, Dec 4, 2012 at 5:33 AM, Cristian Cira

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Barak Yaish <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.

Posted by Barak Yaish <ba...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Barak Yaish <ba...@gmail.com>.

答复: Changing hadoop configuration without restarting service

Posted by 谢良 <xi...@xiaomi.com>.
Maybe you can look into those issues :)
HADOOP-7001
HDFS-1477