Posted to dev@storm.apache.org by Kang Xiao <kx...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/22 08:51:37 UTC

回复: Understand the processing flow of storm

Hi R.RAMPRASAD

I try to answer your questions and hope that will help you.

> 1. I have a topology(1 spout and 3 bolts) and 3 machines(1 nimbus and 2
> worker nodes).Whether I want to run my topology on all 3 nodes or run on
> nimbus is enough? Is it nimbus will take care of distributing the code to
> other nodes?

Just submit your topology to nimbus and nimbus will take care of distributing the code to worker nodes.

> 2. My spout will run on nimbus or any of the worker nodes?

Spouts and Bolts will all run on worker nodes.

> 3. The 3 bolts are run on 3 separate nodes or run on same node? is it will
> take care by nimbus?

Spouts and Bolts will run in workers. Workers will distribute evenly on worker nodes. If you specify enough workers eg. 4 workers in your case, they will run on separate nodes.

> 4. How do we track processing of bolt in nodes?
Storm UI keep track of tuple emit/ack/fail count of spout/bolt. For more detail information you can turn on topology debug mode and worker will log every tuple.

Your can refer to the storm documentation site: http://storm.incubator.apache.org/documentation/Implementation-docs.html

--
Best Regards!

肖康(Kang Xiao,<kxiao.tiger@gmail.com (mailto:kxiao.tiger@gmail.com)>)
Distributed Software Engineer

在 2014年2月22日 星期六,14:51,Ramprasad Ranganathan 写道:

Re: 回复: Understand the processing flow of storm

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mp...@umail.iu.edu>.
Hi Ramprasad,

Following articles [1] from Michael Noll contains lots of information
about how storm works. You should be able to get answers to most of
your new questions (mainly questions about how streams are delivered
and processed) from [2].

Thanks
Milinda

[1] http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/categories/storm/
[2] http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2013/06/21/understanding-storm-internal-message-buffers/

Milinda Pathirage

twitter: milindalakmal
skype: milinda.pathirage
blog: http://milinda.pathirage.org

Re: 回复: Understand the processing flow of storm

Posted by "肖康 (Kang Xiao)" <kx...@gmail.com>.
Hi R.RAMPRASAD

--
Best Regards!