Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Julius Hufancia <hj...@ntsp.nec.co.jp> on 2003/10/25 17:38:28 UTC

Character encoding problems

Hello!

My colleagues are using Tomcat and SOAP (Axis) for data communication.
Our data is encoded in UTF-8.
But when we get our data from the server through SOAP, "Broken pipe" occurs
in our server.
SAXParseException occurs in our client.

The trace in our client has this message, "Illegal XML character &#x7".

We have tried several character encoding methods.
Still, the error occurs.

Hope you can help us on this one.

Thanks.

Julius Hufancia

Re: Character encoding problems

Posted by Stephen Gordon <st...@student.usyd.edu.au>.
What XML parser and version are you using? It could be an issue with the
parser.
It would be nice to see the SOAP... have you used tcpmon to look at it?

stephen