Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 00:24:35 UTC

[VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 (RC2)

Hi everyone, Please review and vote on the maintenance release of the Geronimo
Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 RC2.

The deployable zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.2-deployable.zip

The update site zip file is here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/geronimo-eclipse-plugin-2.1.2-updatesite.zip

The current svn location is here (revision number 686865):

---->
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/branches/2.1.2

The future svn location will be here (when approved):

----> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/tags/2.1.2

If you would like to review and/or comment on the release notes, they are here:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/PLUGIN_RELEASE-NOTES-2.1.2.txt

There is a rudimentary set of install instructions available at the URL below
that will hopefully describe the necessary prereq(s) and steps
required to install and run the GEP:

---->
http://people.apache.org/~mcconne/releases/2.1.2/RC2/Geronimo_Eclipse_Plugin_2.1.2_Instructions-RC2.txt

In an effort to get more people to review and vote I'd recommend going through
this quick but useful tutorial demonstrating some of the capabilities of the GEP:

---->
http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC21/5-minute-tutorial-on-enterprise-application-development-with-eclipse-and-geronimo.html

Additionally, there is an ant build.xml file that can be used to download the
prereq(s) for the GEP. It is documented in the instructions.
Finally, I've created a Staging Site that can used to test the update manager
functions (i.e., p2 in Ganymede) of Eclipse for downloading the GEP itself. This
is also documented in the instructions. Please let me know if there are any
questions and/or problems.

The vote is open for 72 hours and will conclude on Thursday (8/21) at 6:30 PM ET.

[ ] +1  Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2
[ ] +0  No opinion
[ ] -1  Don't release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2

Tim McConnell

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 (RC2)

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
+1

++Vamsi

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ted Kirby <te...@gmail.com>.
+1

Ted

Posted by Joe Bohn <jo...@earthlink.net>.
+1

Joe

Re: [RESULTS] [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 (RC2)

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.
Sure can....

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.

Posted by Tim McConnell <ti...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dan Becker <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Works for me with my limited set of tests.

--
Thanks, Dan Becker

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 (RC2)

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "B.J. Reed" <bj...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
+1

-Donald

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
+1

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski

Re: [VOTE] Release Geronimo Eclipse Plugin 2.1.2 (RC2)

Posted by "Jay D. McHugh" <ja...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jay