Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com> on 2014/06/12 04:49:29 UTC

hadoop 2.2.0 HA: standby namenode generate a long list of loading edits

Hi All,

I'm using QJM with 2 namenodes, in the active namenode, the main page's loading edits panel only show 10 records, but in standby namenode, the loading edits panel show a lot more records, never count it, but I think it has > 100 records.
Is this a problem?

Here I provide some of the data:

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10000080&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10000361&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10000830&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=1000140&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10001638&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10002099&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10002359&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=1000332&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=1000421&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10005210&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10005529&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=1000577&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10005831&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10005951&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10006089&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10006154&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10006291&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

http://fchdgw1.ctfab.com:8480/getJournal?jid=hadoop_prod&segmentTxId=10006482&storageInfo=-47%3A1313059004%3A1395811267413%3ACID-9e1b67b3-8190-4652-b34a-210212a50a9e (0/0)

100.00%

0sec

Best regards,
Henry

________________________________
The privileged confidential information contained in this email is intended for use only by the addressees as indicated by the original sender of this email. If you are not the addressee indicated in this email or are not responsible for delivery of the email to such a person, please kindly reply to the sender indicating this fact and delete all copies of it from your computer and network server immediately. Your cooperation is highly appreciated. It is advised that any unauthorized use of confidential information of Winbond is strictly prohibited; and any information in this email irrelevant to the official business of Winbond shall be deemed as neither given nor endorsed by Winbond.

RE: hadoop 2.2.0 HA: standby namenode generate a long list of loading edits

Posted by Henry Hung <YT...@winbond.com>.
@ Suresh,

Can you please explain how you arrived at this?

The question just pop up in my head, because I don’t familiar with the purpose of loading edit and assume that when namenode becomes active, it will scan all the edits before activated.
I think I need to do more study about HA QJM mechanic in the future.

BTW, thank you for your assurance that nothing wrong with the long list. I will try to replicate this condition in testing environment and test it.

Best regards,
Henry

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Suresh Srinivas <su...@hortonworks.com>.