Posted to dev@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2019/05/10 16:50:36 UTC

[NOTICE] Upgrading CI VMs to FreeBSD 12

Hi all,

Just a heads up, but our 3x VMs are running FBSD 11.2, which is soon to be EOLifed. Rather than upgrading to 11.3, and then later 12.0, I much prefer that we go straight to v12.0. In an ideal world, we’d be able to run multiple FreeBSD versions, but alas, we do not have the resources for that.

I can look into the possibility to run FBSD v11.3 in Docker instances on FreeBSD, but I honestly don’t know if or how that works. If that works, we could enable v11.3 builds on the release branches, but either way, going forward all Github PR builds on FBSD will be on v12.0.

Cheers,

— Leif