Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Tyler Roscoe <ty...@cryptio.net> on 2010/01/28 17:14:16 UTC

spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

I tried to reply to the latest spam but admin (ironically) would not
allow me to do so:

> We are sorry, but email posting to this discussion is not allowed.
> [-- Attachment #2 --]
> [-- Type: message/rfc822, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 1.7K --]

Anyway, here is my original comment:

On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:59:27PM -0800, admin@subversion.tigris.org
wrote:
> We are sorry, but email posting to this discussion is not allowed.
> Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:59:25 -0600

> From: George <us...@subversion.tigris.org>
> To: users@subversion.tigris.org
> Subject: An e-card from George  for you

> An e-card from George  for you

Why are these spam messages being forwarded to the list? Can we, um, not
do that?

Thanks,
tyler

Re: spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

Posted by vishwajeet singh <de...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 11:34 PM, Stein Somers <ss...@opnet.com> wrote:

> I had those too until I sent an empty mail to
> users-unsubscribe@subversion.tigris.org
>
> A confirmation of my request was the last I heard of it.

I am also getting similar mails off let but I was ignoring them considering
some problem in migration
Yes I was one of the moderators of the old list.

--
Vishwajeet Singh
+91-9657702154 | dextrous85@gmail.com | http://singhvishwajeet.com

Re: spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

Posted by vishwajeet singh <de...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 12:07 AM, Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net>wrote:

> Does anyone still have a copy of the original spam as it was received --
> the message that says "An e-card from XXX for you"? If so, can you send me a
> "raw message format" copy of it? It will help plug the leak.

I forwarded you the copy of the spam message.

Posted by Jack Repenning <jr...@collab.net>.
On Jan 29, 2010, at 4:38 PM, Eric Lee wrote:

> Jack,
>
> I have just received a new different kind of spam.
> Do you want take a look of it ? I can forward it if you need !

Sure, always interested in something new and different!

It looks like you use Gmail, is that right? There's a "Show original" command in the [V] menu you see while reading the message. Can you copy and paste that and send it to me?

Thanks!

-==-
Jack Repenning
Chief Technology Officer
CollabNet, Inc.
8000 Marina Boulevard, Suite 600
Brisbane, California 94005
office: +1 650.228.2562
twitter: http://twitter.com/jrep

Re: spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

Posted by Eric Lee <pg...@gmail.com>.
Jack,

I have just received a new different kind of spam.
Do you want take a look of it ? I can forward it if you need !

Regards,
Eric,

Posted by Eric Lee <pg...@gmail.com>.
Andrey

Hi, I  have received these mail too !
How can I take these off from the mail ?

Thanks in Advanced

Regards,
Eric,

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Bob Archer!

Posted by Jack Repenning <ja...@tigris.org>.
On Jan 28, 2010, at 12:36 PM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> Can some of you who are seeing this problem please report it to
> feedback {_AT_} tigris.org  ?  Thanks,

Oh, never mind about that. I can find at least a few in the database, which should provide enough info to deal with this.

But for future reference, it really would be quicker if problems like this were reported to that address.

-==-
Jack Repenning
jackrepenning@tigris.org
Domain Administrator
http://www.tigris.org

Re: spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

Posted by Jack Repenning <ja...@tigris.org>.

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.

C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: spam being forwarded from admin@subversion.apache.org

Posted by Stein Somers <ss...@opnet.com>.

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
> I tried to reply to the latest spam but admin (ironically) would not
> allow me to do so:
>
> > We are sorry, but email posting to this discussion is not allowed.
> > [-- Attachment #2 --]
> > [-- Type: message/rfc822, Encoding: 7bit, Size: 1.7K --]
>
> Anyway, here is my original comment:
>
> On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 11:59:27PM -0800, admin@subversion.tigris.org
> wrote:
> > We are sorry, but email posting to this discussion is not allowed.
> > Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 01:59:25 -0600
>
> > From: George <us...@subversion.tigris.org>
> > To: users@subversion.tigris.org
> > Subject: An e-card from George  for you
>

> > An e-card from George  for you
>
> Why are these spam messages being forwarded to the list? Can we, um, not
> do that?

I am getting those to. But, I thought only moderators to the old list were getting them... which is what I assumed was happening.

BOb