Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com> on 2011/06/09 16:18:09 UTC

Customisation of Karaf

I would like to add system properties to Karaf without having to manually
edit the file system.properties. The reason is that I want to be able to use
as much as possible of a vanilla Karaf. Is that possible?

I have seen that custom.properties can be used to override settings in
config.properties but I haven't seen any property that allows me to specify
a filename containing system properties. What I'm looking for is something
similar to the "${includes}" property in config.properties. That property
allows me to list several files that contain configuration properties. It
would be nice if config.properties contained a property - say
"system.properties" that would contain a list of files containing system
properties that would be added at boot time.

/Bengt

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
OK.

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bengt,

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
OK JB,

It would be nice then if Karaf 3.0 would be easily extendable and
customisable without having to change the standard Karaf distribution
itself. Hope you keep that wish in mind...

Would it be possible to at least consider a way to add system properties
outside of the Karaf installation for Karaf 2.2.3 (3.0 feels too far away
for me...)?

Right now it seems like the handling of the system.properties file is hard
coded (not configured in config.properties). Ideally a list of files
containing system properties would be configured in config.properties. I
could then use custom.properties to add my own file containing
system.properties.

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Bengt,

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
JB,

I noticed that Karaf 2.2.2 is in the works. Have you had any time to look at

Re: Customisation of Karaf

Posted by Bengt Rodehav <be...@rodehav.com>.
Thanks JB!

Re: Customisation of Karaf