Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com> on 2008/09/25 09:37:39 UTC

[T5] AJAX and partial updates of forms ? [Zone AjaxFormLoop FormInjector FormFragment and the like]

Hello guys,

I think I really need some clarification on all the things around
partial update of a form.
To begin, I read a lot of topic on this subject on the ml, all the doc
available on the site and the example for T5 test suite, but I just
don't get it, and I believe I'm not the only one in this case.

My need is quite simple : I want to know how to update a full zone (that
contains fields) inside a form given some field's value or action in the
same form.
Typical example are a select that update other fields availability, a
radio button that enable some some more datas, etc. I'm aware of some
workaround or specific case (a select can update an other select thanks
to the onEvent mixin of t5-component lib), as am I of some related bug
as https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-138 (add a zone parameter
in select), but I really need a more general solution.

What I have tried first is to simply add a zone in the form [1], but I
get "No object of type org.apache.tapestry5.services.FormSupport is
available from the Environment. " Afterward, I tried to use
forminjector, formfrogment, ajaxformloop (which works great in the
special context of adding/removing an unique row of some kind), and
nothing seems to work for this use case.

So. Is somebody aware of a way to do it ? Where is the "triggerzone
mixin" that take an action (onselect, onchage, etc) and can be add to
our component ? Where is the "ZoneForm" that can be put inside a form ?

I would like this thread can lead to some kind of reference on the
subject, so that an howto can be written on this topic.

Thanks in advance for the help !

[1] Ex of what I want :
<t:form>
<t:actionlink zone="myzone">Update info</t:actionlink>  // in real life,
I whould like to use a mixin for that, on a field
<t:zone t:id="myzone">
[here goes a lot of stuff with fields and components and the like]
</t:zone>

</t:form>

--
Francois Armand
Etudes & Développements J2EE

Re: [T5] AJAX and partial updates of forms ? [Zone AjaxFormLoop FormInjector FormFragment and the like]

Posted by kartweel <rh...@exemail.com.au>.
Did you have any success going down this path? I'm trying to do the same
thing. Tapestry is great until it doesn't do something you need to do then
all the benefits of it go out the window as you spend 2 weeks figuring out
how to do something that is quite simple without it.

Posted by Francois Armand <fa...@linagora.com>.
Francois Armand wrote:
> Hello guys,
> [..]
> [1] Ex of what I want :
> <t:form>
> <t:actionlink zone="myzone">Update info</t:actionlink>  // in real
> life, I whould like to use a mixin for that, trigger on some action on
> a field
> <t:zone t:id="myzone">
> [here goes a lot of stuff with fields and components and the like]
> </t:zone>
>
> </t:form>

Nobody to that ?