Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Clayton Wohl <cl...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/14 15:25:37 UTC

Save app-global cache used by RichAsyncFunction to Flink State?

Is there any way to save a custom application-global cache into Flink state
so that it is used with checkpoints + savepoints? This cache is used by a
RichAsyncFunction that queries an external database, and RichAsyncFunction
doesn't support the Flink state functionality directly.

I asked this last week but got no answers. I wanted to ask a second time.
Thank you :)

Re: Save app-global cache used by RichAsyncFunction to Flink State?

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.
I'm not sure if this would work, but you could try implementing the
CheckpointedFunction interface and getting access to state that way.