Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de> on 2000/07/21 00:09:23 UTC

Re: AWT Viewer and Fop 0.14

From:           	Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>

> The PDF output was changed and the AWT previewer wasn't adjusted. Jürgen
> Verwohlt und Stanislaw Gorkhover did most parts of the preview. Both are
> on holidays right now and should be back on Monday, August, 31.

Do you mean 31. July? This is not only an academic question, because we have to
decide whether Fop 0.14 is going to be released with a broken AWT viewer or whether
we want to wait until it is fixed.
What do you think?

Fotis

Re: AWT Viewer and Fop 0.14

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
At 05:08 PM 7/24/00 +0200, you wrote:
>> I'm currently having problems with package structure: the build is
looking for
>> org.w3c.dom.svg.*. The classes in org.apache.fop.dom.* want classes from
the
>> former. I'm doing a reasonable cvs update with -A -P -d, so I should be
picking
>> up things that are there and getting rid of things that aren't. Any
>> clarifications?
>
>The build is looking for classes which should be in w3c.jar. I dimly
remember that
>Keiron updated it a few days ago.
>I just updated my files from cvs and run build without any problems. Any
other
>experiences?

OK. I'll chew on this for a few days, and fix it somehow. :-) I have
w3c.jar; it's not getting updated, I guess.

>> I vote that we shoot for the weekend of 5-6 August as the target for
>> FOP-0_14_0, because of the AWT previewer, but also because it seems to
me that
>> there are probably a few wrinkles still to be ironed out, like the above.
>+1
>
>At the moment I see two open points:
>
>- we have to decide how to handle the  "white-space-treatment":
> "white-space-treatment"  has been changed to "white-space-collapse", but
> this is not  only a name change but also a conceptual one, because the
handling
> of this property depends on the [optional] value of linefeed-treatment.
> Therefore I propose to discard this property for this release and
reimplement
> it asap.

+1

>- flow-name="xsl-before" is required, but xsl 2000 defines the value as
flow-name="xsl-
>region-before"

I'll fix this in a day or 2 if it's still there to be fixed.

Sounds good.

Arved

Senior Developer
e-plicity.com (www.e-plicity.com)
Halifax, Nova Scotia
"B2B Wireless in Canada's Ocean Playground"

Re: AWT Viewer and Fop 0.14

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.

Re: AWT Viewer and Fop 0.14

Posted by Arved Sandstrom <Ar...@chebucto.ns.ca>.
I was  away for a few days, and then in between work and upgrading to Mandrake
7.1, I'm just getting caught up to speed with email and the latest CVS.

Re: AWT Viewer and Fop 0.14

Posted by Stephan Albers <St...@jcatalog.com>.