Posted to dev@airavata.apache.org by Yasas Gunarathne <ya...@gmail.com> on 2018/03/07 13:08:06 UTC

Setting Up Apache Airavata for Development on Ubuntu 17.10

Dear All,

I tried to setup the Airavata Server environment on a VM using the
guidelines sent by Mr. Upeksha [1]. And I have written the exact procedure
that I have followed in this blog article [2]. But when I try to login to
PHP Gateway with,

*Admin_username : "default-admin"*
*Admin_password : "123456"*

I get an error saying* “curl_exec() failed. Error: ”*. Any advice regarding
this will be appreciated.

[1] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dFhajiYlPtNymIKbMvCXeLivLHujL
jvE107QyUDEgdA/edit?usp=sharing
[2] https://medium.com/@yasgun/in-progress-beginners-guide-to-
setup-apache-airavata-for-development-on-ubuntu-17-10-6323ff5113d8

Thank You

--
*Yasas Gunarathne*
Undergraduate at Department of Computer Science and Engineering

Re: Setting Up Apache Airavata for Development on Ubuntu 17.10

Posted by Suresh Marru <sm...@apache.org>.
Hi Yasas,

Very nice blog - https://medium.com/@yasgun/in-progress-beginners-guide-to-setup-apache-airavata-for-development-on-ubuntu-17-10-6323ff5113d8 <https://medium.com/@yasgun/in-progress-beginners-guide-to-setup-apache-airavata-for-development-on-ubuntu-17-10-6323ff5113d8>

Can you review and improve the airavata setup documentation at - http://airavata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ <http://airavata.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> you can send a PR to the source at - https://github.com/apache/airavata-docs <https://github.com/apache/airavata-docs>

GSoC Aspirants,

Prior to your application deadline (March 27th) we expect you to do similar engagement on the mailing list to essentially demonstrate you are able to work with Airavata code base on your laptops and have enough expertise to submit pull requests, even through the changes may be small and trivial.

Suresh

Posted by Yasas Gunarathne <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gourav,

Thank you for your guidance. I have created a pull request with the folder
structure change.
[UPDATE IN FOLDER STRUCTURE #2]
<https://github.com/apache/airavata-docs/pull/2>

Thank You

Posted by Gourav Shenoy <go...@umail.iu.edu>.
Hi Yasas,

Posted by Yasas Gunarathne <ya...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

While working on the setup documentation, I found that the folder structure
of airavata-docs can be further improved to avoid unnecessary complexities.
Therefore, I am proposing a new folder structure for airavata-docs. I have
attached the current and proposed folder structures. This was created
considering the current side menu hierarchy and file names.
I believe that it should be modified based on the actual requirements.
Since my knowledge on Airavata is very limited, appreciate if anyone can
provide guidance.

Thank You

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:58 PM, Yasas Gunarathne <yasasgunarathne@gmail.com

Posted by Yasas Gunarathne <ya...@gmail.com>.