Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Wilhelm Fitzpatrick <ra...@well.com> on 2001/03/09 03:38:35 UTC

relative filesets for execon?

I've got an external file packer tool that I'm trying to launch from ant,
that needs relative file paths to build its archive (much like zip can do
with the basedir attribute?) and I'm trying to figure out if there is
anyway to do this with ant.  The tool in question happens to be the
"warp" utility for building Waba apps that run on the Palm.

So I'd like to be able to invoke the command as:

warp arg arg rel/file/one.class rel/file/two.class ...

But execon always does

warp arg arg /abs/foo/rel/file/one.class /abs/foo/rel/file/two.class ...

I've searched the docs and mailing list, and I can't figure out how or if
filesets can be made to return relative paths rather than absolute
paths.  Is this possible, or is there another approach I can try?

I'm using the latest stable ant (1.2)

-raf

Re: relative filesets for execon?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Wilhelm Fitzpatrick <ra...@well.com> wrote:

> So I'd like to be able to invoke the command as:
>
> warp arg arg rel/file/one.class rel/file/two.class ...
>
> But execon always does
>
> warp arg arg /abs/foo/rel/file/one.class /abs/foo/rel/file/two.class

Unfortunately <apply> implicitely adds the sourcefile, otherwise using
a mapper would have been an option. So the answer is, without writing
a task of your own, you can't do it, sorry.

> I'm using the latest stable ant (1.2)

You are not, the latest stable ant is 1.3. 8-)

Stefan