Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by mp...@mail.unomaha.edu on 2002/07/25 13:01:04 UTC

Invalid command 'JkMount'?!? Help!!

Hi All,

I'm trying to integrate Apache (1.3.23) with Tomcat (4.0.3) on Linux
(RedHat 7.3) using mod_jk.  I'm getting the following error when I try to
restart Apache (or use apachectl configtest):

Syntax error on line 1260 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Invalid  command  'JkMount', perhaps mis-spelled or defined by a module not
included in the server configuration

Line 1260 of httpd.conf is the fifth line of the following:

<VirtualHost 137.48.138.201>
    ServerName bioinformatics.ist.unomaha.edu
    ServerAlias bioinformatics.unomaha.edu
    DocumentRoot "/bioinformatics/webapps"
    JkMount /*.jsp ajp13
    JkMount /servlet/* ajp13
    DirectoryIndex index.jsp index.html
</VirtualHost>

I  have  no  idea how to fix this as "JkMount" is indeed spelled correctly.
Is  it  possible that the mod_jk.so that I am using is corrupt or the wrong
version?     I'm    using   mod_jk-3.3-ap13-eapi.so   that   I   found   at
http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat/release/v3.3/bin/linux/i386/.

BTW,    I    have    followed    the    configuration    instructions    at
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/ajp.html         and
http://www.galatea.com/flashguides/apache-tomcat-4-unix.xml  on  how  to do
this.   From  what  I  can  tell,  tomcat  is  running  correctly  with the
modifications I have made (no errors on restart).

Any help would be appreciated!

Mark

----------------------------
Mark A. Pauley
College of Information Science & Technology, UNO
Omaha, NE 68182-0116
e-mail:  mark@pauley.com
phone:  (402) 554-4954  fax:  (402) 554-3284

Re: Invalid command 'JkMount'?!? Help!!

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.
ubeans.com/tomcat - I'm running TC 4.0.4, but other than that I think
we're near identical.  Look at that page and see if it doesn't "cure"
your "ills".

Regards,

Eddie

eapi or noeapi

Posted by Farid Hamjavar <ha...@unm.edu>.

Greetings,

Pardon me as there is a small chance this is a FAQ I am not sure.

I have a rh 7.2 rpm style apache 1.3.26 and was just wondering
which one of the two I need to download:

    mod_jk-3.3-ap13-eapi.so

    or

    mod_jk-3.3-ap13-noeapi.so

to go with tomcat 3.3 . . .

I guess what I am asking here is  outside of trial-n-error
method, is there a way I can for sure tell which one
will my apache like or dislike?

Thanks,
Farid H.
UNM