Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by John Hardy <jh...@lagado.com> on 2002/07/24 07:37:59 UTC

nested lists

Hi, I'm trying to do nested unordered lists.

I have seen many examples using the bullet &#x2022; but I want to emulated
HTML behaviour for nesting i.e. automatically selecing different bullets:
circle, square etc.

I was wondering whether:

- others have had experience with nested lists and if so what characters
they have used?
- Has it been necessary to change the font size to get these characters to
look correct?
- are they supported in the default font or have they had to use a symbol
fonts like ZapfDingbats?

Any advice would be appreciated

cheers

...john

Re: nested lists

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
John Hardy wrote:
> Hi, I'm trying to do nested unordered lists.
> - are they supported in the default font or have they had to use a symbol
> fonts like ZapfDingbats?

If you don't want to use yuou own Unicode font,
you should choose from the Symbol font. You can
look into src/codegen/Symbol.xml for (Adobe) names
of characters in the font, and charlist.xml for
their mapping to Unicode code points (write
&#x2660 instead of 0x2660 into the XML source for
checking how it looks like). Look also into the
Unicode character charts at http://www.unicode.org.

J.Pietschmann