Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by François Langelier <f....@gmail.com> on 2014/08/15 21:32:05 UTC

Re: kafka 0.8.1.1 log.retention.minutes NOT being honored

UP! Can someone add the log.retention.hours in the documentation?

And is the retention.hours or retention.minutes available for the by-topic
configuration?

François Langelier
Étudiant en génie Logiciel - École de Technologie Supérieure
<http://www.etsmtl.ca/>
Capitaine Club Capra <http://capra.etsmtl.ca/>
VP-Communication - CS Games <http://csgames.org> 2014
Jeux de Génie <http://www.jdgets.com/> 2011 à 2014
Magistrat Fraternité du Piranha <http://fraternitedupiranha.com/>
Comité Organisateur Olympiades ÉTS 2012
Compétition Québécoise d'Ingénierie 2012 - Compétition Senior

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#configuration now has the
following entry.

log.retention.{minutes,hours}

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by François Langelier <f....@gmail.com>.
Thanks Jun,

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.
Added to the documentation. Topic level retentions is called retention.ms
and can be found in http://kafka.apache.org/documentation.html#configuration

Thanks,

Jun

Posted by François Langelier <f....@gmail.com>.