Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Leonardo Francalanci <lf...@simtel.ie> on 2004/02/05 13:14:04 UTC

repost: validator & retrieving data

I'm sorry but nobody answered my question...
Could somebody help me?

I'm using validator for my pages. Searching the mailing list I found
that I should use 2 actions:

"If there are 2 actions, one to "prepare" the page and one to "process" the
user input, we define the input attribute value of the "process" action
mapping to be the URL of the "prepare" action."

I think it's right, but now I have this problem:
The "prepare" page retrieves data from the db. If validation fails, the
user is forwarded from the "process" action to the "prepare" action.
In this case I don't want to retrieve data from the db, but leave what
the user entered before. In other words I want to retrieve data only
if the user asked for the "prepare" action, not when he is redirected
to the "prepare" action from the input property of "process" action.

Is there a way to do that?

The only way i found is an hidden field, but I don't like it...