Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Robert Douglass <r....@onlinehome.de> on 2003/03/18 20:08:14 UTC

character encoding problem with resource reader?

I'm encountering a problem where this à character in a javascript file
causes illegal character exceptions when read with the resource reader, but
not when I open the file up directly from the filesystem. The character
occurs inside a javascript character array ["Ã"]. Cocoon serves an html page
and the .js file is then loaded as an included, also served by Cocoon. Any
tricks to using the resource reader? My map:read tag has two parameters,
type="resource" and src. Do I need to specify encoding or mime-type to
guarantee the accurate reading of text files?

-Robert Douglass