Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Edi STOJICEVIC <es...@debianworld.org> on 2008/03/13 11:34:16 UTC

Issue with the size of dumped/loaded repositories

Hi,

I'm new on this list ...

I have a little issue with some repositories that I need to migrate from
one server to a new one.

Here is the description :

Source server :
xfs filesystem
fsfs

Target server :
ext3 filesystem
fsfs

Now I have a difference on some of the repositories.
By example, one repository on the source has a size of 68Mb and 73Mb on
the destination.
I checked the size of the various directories and apparently it's coming
from the /repo/db/revs/ one ...
I have the same number of files on each side, same number of revions
when doing a svn log by example but I have just some files bigger on the
destination...

I have the same with some other repositories and dont know if they have
to be the same exactly... I assume they should but not sure if svnadmin
is not doing something ...

If anybody has an idea ...

regards,

--
. ''`.  (\___/) E d i   S T O J I C E V I C
: :'  : (='.'=) http://www.debianworld.org

Re: Issue with the size of dumped/loaded repositories

Posted by Edi STOJICEVIC <es...@debianworld.org>.
* Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com> [2008-03-13 08:25:19 -0400] wrote :

[...]

> Be advised that 1.1.4 is VERY old, and unsupported. You really ought
> to get upgraded at least to a supported release, even if you have to
> build it yourself.

I know but its not me who build that ;)

> >  > Have you accounted for differences in "extra" space required/consumed
> >  > by the 2 different filesystems (journaling, etc.)?
> >  >
> >  > Maybe just a difference in how the skip-delta algorithm picked when &
> >  > where to save full copies?
> >
> >  Think it's probably because not the same server version ...
>
> Yes, that is most likely the culprit.

Thanks for the quick reply ;)

--
. ''`.  (\___/) E d i   S T O J I C E V I C
: :'  : (='.'=) http://www.debianworld.org

Re: Issue with the size of dumped/loaded repositories

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Edi STOJICEVIC <es...@debianworld.org>.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.