Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by David DELGRANCHE <dd...@sogitec.fr> on 2001/03/01 09:37:17 UTC

Problem using both XML4J and Xerces

		Hi all,

	I'm using Xerces J 1.2.3 to parse an XML document without validating in
front of a DTD. For this I use the two features:
	http://xml.org/sax/features/validation , false
	http://xml.org.sax/features/nonvalidating/load-external-dtd, false
So my parser doesn't validate my XML doc and (this is the most important
point for me) doesn't try to fin the DTD referenced in my XML document.

	But I have now a problem: My program has to be integrated in an
application which uses XML4J. When I invoque the DOMParser contructor,
there is a conflict with the XML4J DOMParser class. So there is a bug when
I call the two features which seems not to be known by the DOMParser class
from IBM.
	Now the best solution for me should be able to use properties of IBM
DOMParser class to be sure not to have conflict.
	Is there in XML4J such features?
	Is there another "simple" means to do this?

	Thanks a lot for replying