Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org> on 2012/05/07 16:40:32 UTC

DRAFT: Jena board report (May 2012)

DRAFT
See details:
http://www.apache.org/foundation/board/reporting

Personally, I think it is right to make reports short and to the point.
  The board is busy - so if we have nothing on some area, don't say
anything.

The reporting page isn't a check list but for us it's a good starting point.

Anything <nothing> means don't include this section at all.
(Don't actually include the ** lines.)

I didn't put anything about JENA-243 (Fortify report on Fuseki) -- I
don't feel we have hard evidence yet to warrant raising this, only some
potential items to look at.

--------------------------------

** Briefly describe what your primary software product actually does.

Apache Jena is a Java framework for building Semantic Web applications
based on W3C and community standards.

Jena became a TLP April 2012.

** When did the project last make any releases?
** Describe the overall activity in the project over the past quarter.

In April, the user list had 293 message and the dev list 156.  The
project has completely migrated from lists used before Apache; messages
to old lists receive pointers to the Apache lists.

The project is executing the graduation process. The administrative
updates have been done and the infrastructure setup started for the
transfer of resources (lists, website, svn).

The final piece of non-Apache project infrastructure is the demo site
sparql.org.  This is in the process of migrating to an Apache hosted
zone as time permits.

The project's main incubator release was in December; additional
components were released in February, March and April.

** Are there any changes in Committers or PMC members?

<nothing>

** PMC and committer diversity

<nothing>

** Project branding or naming issues, either in the project or externally.

<nothing>

** Legal issues or questions

<nothing>

** Infrastructure issues or strategic needs