Posted to bridges-dev@portals.apache.org by Satish Sekharan <sa...@mun.ca> on 2005/10/25 17:59:50 UTC

UWCal + uPortal 2.5 working...

I was successful  in getting the UW Calendar working as a portlet using
the struts bridge in uPortal 2.5.

The calendar app that I am using generates an xml document using the jsp
files and the portlet urls generated by the rewrite tags are embedded in
this xml file. This xml file is later transformed using an xsl
stylesheet. I had to modify the RewriteTag  to replace the '&' back to
'&amp;' in the portlet urls which otherwise caused an
javax.xml.transform.TransformerException.

Also the calendar xsl stylesheet added extra parameters later during
transformation. So I had to change the RewriteTag to remove the embedded
anchor at the end to allow addition of more parameters to the portlet url.

Now I am trying to get the JPetstore application working properly in
uPortal. This portlet renders properly but crashes when selecting a
category with the error: "Define tag cannot set a null value"

I saw a similar problem addressed earlier in the message: Re: How to
integrate bridges?
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/portals-bridges-dev/200509.mbox/browser

But the difference is that uPortal is passing along the request
parameters properly. I will look into this further.

--
Satish Sekharan . . .
 Programmer Intern // ccwebworks // Computing & Communications

Re: UWCal + uPortal 2.5 working...

Posted by Satish Sekharan <sa...@mun.ca>.
This is a test version of the public calendar portlet running in uPortal
2.5 using the apache struts bridge. I have repacked the quickstart
version of uPortal 2.5 with the public calendar portlet and the
jpetstore application. (note: I am using tomcat 5.5 and this requires
JDK 1.5)  This test version uses the UW Calendar version 2.3.2 but we
plan on integrating this with the hibernate version of the calendar in
the future.

The included uPortalContextProvider.jar provides the
ServletContextProviderImpl which supplies access to the servlet context
of uPortal portlet and a patched version of the struts bridge tag
library to render valid portlet urls in uPortal. I will replace this
patched version with a custom tag library packaged with the
uPortalContextProvider.jar  in the future.

You can download the file from here:
http://ccweb.ucs.mun.ca/struts-bridge/uPortal-2.5.0+pubCal_JDK1.5.zip

After unzipping the archive:

ant.sh hsql             (To start the uPortal database)
ant.sh hsqldb         (To start the UWCal database)
ant.sh tomcatstart  (To start the Tomcat 5.5)

Re: UWCal + uPortal 2.5 working...

Posted by Ionut Diaconu <id...@vision-systems.ro>.