Posted to marketing@couchdb.apache.org by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> on 2014/07/17 15:08:13 UTC

[NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback

Hi everyone,

thanks again to everyone who submitted a link!

This week's News (a quite long issue) are now ready for your review and feedback –
Preview: http://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/?p=223&preview=true
Post: https://couchdbblog.wordpress.com/wp-admin/post.php?post=223
GitHub: http://ffffux.github.io/weekly-news.html

Release Notes:
- "Discussions" Section, question about "What are the cases in which we can see data loss …" – The entire thread seemed to be interesting to users, thus, I also put the differentiation between MongoDB and CouchDB in
- "Use Cases, Questions …" section: added link "Integrate data with Cloudant and CouchDB NoSQL database using IBM InfoSphere Information Server", feedback appreciated
- Fedora News about CouchDB and systemd (see thread http://markmail.org/search/?q=[NEWS]+Fedora+news+about+CouchDB+and+systemd#query:[NEWS]%20Fedora%20news%20about%20CouchDB%20and%20systemd%20list%3Aorg.apache.couchdb.marketing+page:1+mid:ogvsunxkrjzpo4ne+state:results) -> left this post out as for a) the discussion about its content in the thread (content would also be violating our new bylaws), b) we usually only provided content in English in the news up to now; if you have any objections, please let me know
- new "Time to relax"-section – included the section for now, plus an editors' note to introduce it; would suggest (as in the draft) giving a quote with each link in this section. Please inform me if you have concerns or feedback about it.

I appreciate your review and feedback!

Best

Lena

Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Thanks, Akshat!
There was supposed to be a link, added it :)

Posted by Akshat Jiwan Sharma <ak...@gmail.com>.
Good morning everyone,

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
super +100 on this Lena :)

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Thanks for your trust!

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@fastmail.fm>.
From: Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>
Reply: marketing@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>>
Date: 18. Juli 2014 at 10:29:40
To: marketing@couchdb.apache.org <ma...@couchdb.apache.org>>
Subject:  Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback

I think we are at a point where you can just go ahead and post the news. Any fix ups can be done post-publishing.

Cheers
Jan
--

Lena +1, Commit then Review ;-)

I didn’t reply but I made a couple of tweaks too.

> On 18.07.2014, at 10:17, Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks, Jan!
>
> I'd then publish the News now.
>
> I also suggest finding a conclusion on how many reviews are definitely required before publishing. Would love to hear your opinions on that.
>

>> On 18.07.2014, at 10:00, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Apologies for the delay. This weeks news are even more outstanding than usual. Great work! :)
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --
>>
>>> On 18.07.2014, at 09:50, Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Good morning y'all,
>>>
>>> would one or two of you be up for checking this week's News? This would be really helpful, as it would allow us to post them today.
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance and best
>>>
>>> Lena

—
  Dave Cottlehuber
  dch@fastmail.fm
  Sent from my Couch

Re: [NEWS] CouchDB Weekly news July 17, 2014, are ready for feedback

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lena Reinhard <le...@thehoodiefirm.com>.
Thanks, Jan!

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.