Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Simon Pepping <sp...@leverkruid.eu> on 2009/12/18 19:40:22 UTC

Re: fop.bat bug

Brian,

Why do you not write about this issue to the fop-users list? This is
not really a development issue.

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 11:27:31AM -0600, Brian Mackey wrote:

> I'm not a batch file programmer, but glancing at fop.bat, the last line:
> "%JAVACMD%" %JAVAOPTS% %LOGCHOICE% %LOGLEVEL% -cp "%LOCALCLASSPATH%"
> org.apache.fop.cli.Main %FOP_CMD_LINE_ARGS% -c conf/fop.xconf
>  %LOCALCLASSPATH% is likely the issue.

The FOP distributed batch file fop.bat does not write that line. It
writes: "%JAVACMD%" %JAVAOPTS% %LOGCHOICE% %LOGLEVEL% -cp
"%LOCALCLASSPATH%" %FOP_OPTS% org.apache.fop.cli.Main
%FOP_CMD_LINE_ARGS%. It seems you obtained FOP from Altova, and
apparently they changed the batch file.

Your quoted command line indeed references a file conf\fop.xconf
relative to the current working directory, and FOP duely reports when
it cannot find that file.

Your workaround suggests that that file exists in C:\Program
Files\Altova\FOP-0.95. In FOP's own batch file the environment
variable LOCAL_FOP_HOME refers to that directory (more precisely, the
directory of fop.bat). If one writes -c
%LOCAL_FOP_HOME%conf/fop.xconf, then the batch file might work from
any working directory.

Regards, Simon

--
Simon Pepping
home page: http://www.leverkruid.eu

Re: fop.bat bug

Posted by Brian Mackey <ma...@gmail.com>.
I assumed fop-users would not be appropriate because I felt this was a
code issue.  Though, as you have explained this bug was introduced by
Altova and I much appreciate your explanation.  I'll re-direct the
problem to them.

Re: fop.bat bug

Posted by Brian Mackey <ma...@gmail.com>.