Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Justin Erenkrantz <je...@ebuilt.com> on 2001/12/12 19:05:48 UTC

Re: "make certificate" Doesn't Work, Apache 2.0.28, Unix, and mod_ssl (fwd)

On Wed, Dec 12, 2001 at 12:18:13PM -0500, Cliff Woolley wrote:
> Okay, sorry, I was confused.  I didn't realize make certificate was the
> Snake Oil thing... I thought it was the script to generate a private key
> and a real CSR.

I'm not exactly sure what "make certificate" is in this context.  =)
So, I may be confused.

But, if has the end result of creating a dummy certificate, that's
bad.  But, if it creates a CSR, then that *might* be okay.  However,
I'd rather see the whole key generation thing in the docs.  Just to
make sure that people *read* the docs.  And, the OpenSSL docs have
documentation for this anyway, IIRC.  -- justin