Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Mahehs Patil <ma...@techmahindra.com> on 2007/04/01 10:35:31 UTC

Difference betweein RPC & Document style in WSDL

Hi,
I have doubt on accessing the web service method .
I have wsdl file whose soap binding style is "Document",
I produce the Service assembaly for WSDL file and deployed
it in Servicemix server.
When I want accessweb service method whose parameter
is an Object using Java client. It throws an UnsuporttedExceptuion,
stating that "Not enough parameter for method".
But when I changed WSDL file's SOAP binding style from
"Document" to "RPC" , it is working fine and geives result.
Now my question is What is difference between binding style
"Document " & "RPC"? Which is good one to use?
Please help me.

Re: Difference betweein RPC & Document style in WSDL

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
See
http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-whichwsdl/?ca=dgr-devx-WebServicesMVP03
The best way is to use doc/lit or doc/lit wrapped.
Other styles (encoded and rpc are quite deprecated as they do not
exist anymore in WSDL 2.0).

On 4/1/07, Mahehs Patil <ma...@techmahindra.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have doubt on accessing the web service method .
> I have wsdl file whose soap binding style is "Document",
> I produce the Service assembaly for WSDL file and deployed
> it in Servicemix server.
> When I want accessweb service method whose parameter
> is an Object using Java client. It throws an UnsuporttedExceptuion,
> stating that "Not enough parameter for method".
> But when I changed WSDL file's SOAP binding style from
> "Document" to "RPC" , it is working fine and geives result.
> Now my question is What is difference between binding style
> "Document " & "RPC"? Which is good one to use?
> Please help me.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
Architect, LogicBlaze (http://www.logicblaze.com/)