Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Vladi Feigin <vl...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/19 21:34:07 UTC

Recommended versions of Storm components

Hi,

Where can I find the recommended versions of the Storm components?
For example : we use jzmq.jar version 2.1.0 which sounds to me pretty old.
kryo.jar version is 2.17 and so on
We use Storm 0.8.2
Can you point me,please to the most stable, recommended  list of components
(versions)  for Storm 0.8.2?
Thank you,
Vladi

Re: Recommended versions of Storm components

Posted by Naresh Bhatti <na...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vladi,
I recently had to install jzmq on a new ubuntu box these are steps
  get
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cdn.michael-noll.com/rpms/jzmq-2.1.0.el6.x86_64.rpm
  sudo dpkg -i jzmq-2.1.0.el6.x86_64.rpm
  sudo apt-get install alien dpkg-dev debhelper build-essential
  sudo alien -k --scripts jzmq-2.1.0.el6.x86_64.rpm
  sudo dpkg -i jzmq_2.1.0-1_amd64.deb

I didn't need to install kryo.
I followed instruction on this page
   http://www.michael-noll.com/tutorials/running-multi-node-storm-cluster/