Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Pavel Ausianik <Pa...@epam.com> on 2002/11/11 17:34:26 UTC

SOAPTransport.receive()

Hello,

I have found that we have interface SOAPTransport with method  public
BufferedReader receive ();

All three known implementations of SOAPTransport use following code for this

String s = .... // Create a Envelope String
BufferedReader reader = new BufferedReader(new StringReader())

in = st.receive();
payloadStr = IOUtils.getStringFromReader(in);

So we get a good transformation from String to String using at least two
Readers, and big enough buffers.   The code is used on each Call
I think It worth to change interface and all usage to  public String receive
().

What do you think?

Pavel

Re: SOAPTransport.receive()

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Pavel, another possible improvement: apparently its not needed to
generate content length on responses since we don't do HTTP/1.1
anyway. Dropping that would take away an extra write layer ..

(I believe Axis has moved away from content-length already.)

Sanjiva.

Re: SOAPTransport.receive()

Re: SOAPTransport.receive()