Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com> on 2012/03/28 16:55:26 UTC

Localize the largest fields (content) in index

Hello folks,

i work with Solr 4.0 r1292064 from trunk.
My index grows fast, with 10Mio. docs i get an index size of 150GB
(25% stored, 75% indexed).
I want to find out, which fields(content) are too large, to consider measures.

How can i localize/discover the largest fields in my index?
Luke(latest from trunk) doesn't work
with my Solr version. I build Lucene/Solr .jars and tried to feed Luke
this these, but i get many errors
and can't build it.

What other options do i have?

Thanks and best regards
Vadim

Re: Localize the largest fields (content) in index

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
I don't think there's really any reason SolrCloud won't work with
Tomcat, the setup is
probably just tricky. See:
http://lucene.472066.n3.nabble.com/SolrCloud-new-td1528872.html
It's about a year old, but might prove helpful.

Best
Erick

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com>.
Yes, i think so, too :)

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vadim Kisselmann <v....@googlemail.com>.
Hi Erick,
thanks:)
The admin UI give me the counts, so i can identify fields with big
bulks of unique terms.
I known this wiki-page, but i read it one more time.
List of my file extensions with size in GB(Index size ~150GB):

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.