Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Subhani Shaik <ss...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/31 08:25:00 UTC

How to give a text field name dynamically?

Hi,

I have the following code...

	<struts2:iterator value="Questions">
value="route" /></td>
     	<!--  How to give dynamic name to this text box? This answer is needed
in next pages.  -->
     	<struts2:textfield id="THIS NAME SHOULD BE DYNAMIC. I WANT THIS TO BE
'questionID' VALUE" tooltip="Please enter text here." >
     	</struts2:textfield>
     </struts2:iterator>

Here, 'Questions' is a class that contains 'questionID' as a field. And this
returns 'List' over here. When i am iterating i'll get single item from the
list. And my textfield name should be as the value of questionID (this is
the key).

I want something like this...

<struts2:textfield id="Qn1"/>
<struts2:textfield id="Qn2"/>
<struts2:textfield id="Qn3"/>
... so on

Regards,
Subhani.

Re: How to give a text field name dynamically?

Posted by Pooja Kaur <po...@gmail.com>.
Try this:

 <% int i= 1;
%>
       <struts2:iterator value="Questions">
<% String propertyName = "Qn"+i;
i++;
%>

/><struts2:property
value="route" /></td>
       <!--  How to give dynamic name to this text box? This answer is
needed
in next pages.  -->
     <struts2:textfield id="<%=propertyName%>" tooltip="Please enter text
here." >
       </struts2:textfield>
    </struts2:iterator>

Thanks

Posted by Subhani Shaik <ss...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Nuwan.
It's working.

Re: How to give a text field name dynamically?

Posted by Nuwan Chandrasoma <my...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

try something like this and see

	<struts2:iterator value="Questions" status="status">
value="route" /></td>

     	<struts2:textfield id="${status.index}" tooltip="Please enter text here." >
     	</struts2:textfield>
     </struts2:iterator>

Thanks,

Nuwan