Posted to dev@ode.apache.org by Ian Harrigan <ia...@hotmail.com> on 2009/06/03 16:57:33 UTC

Really need help with soap namespace mismatch

Hi All,

Im trying to invoke an axis2 web service deployed inside tomcat, heres the basic definition of it:

    <wsdl:binding name="EchoServiceSOAP11Binding" type="ns0:EchoServicePortType">
        <soap:binding transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http" style="document"/>
        <wsdl:operation name="echo">
            <soap:operation soapAction="urn:echo" style="document"/>
            <wsdl:input>

                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:input>
            <wsdl:output>
                <soap:body use="literal"/>
            </wsdl:output>
        </wsdl:operation>

    </wsdl:binding>
        <wsdl:port name="EchoServiceSOAP11port_http" binding="ns0:EchoServiceSOAP11Binding">
            <soap:address location="http://localhost:8080/axis2/services/EchoService"/>
     <smix:endpoint role="provider" defaultMep="in-out"/>
        </wsdl:port>

I would have though that this would mean that service mix would have to use SOAP1.1 to invoke it (because of the 'soap' namespace), however, when i try to invoke it service mix shows the soap request as having a namespace of http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope which is SOAP 1.2, i then get the error from tomcat/axis2 saying there is a mismatch, ie, im trying to send a soap1.2 request to a soap1.1 port/binding.

Can anyone help me with this??? I reall dont see what else i can try.

Thanks,
Ian

Re: Really need help with soap namespace mismatch

Posted by Alex Boisvert <bo...@intalio.com>.
I agree, the ServiceMix HTTP binding component should know to use SOAP
1.1.    I don't have any good suggestion for you.... Did you ask the
ServiceMix mailing list?

alex