Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Stephen Langella <st...@inventrio.com> on 2009/08/12 04:42:15 UTC

HTTPS

I was playing around with the WSDL First HTTPS sample distributed with
apache 2.2.3.  I got it working out of the box as one might have
expected, I did however run into a problem when changing around the
client to use the remote WSDL published by the service instead of the
local file.  When I do this I get the following exception:

Caused by: javax.wsdl.WSDLException: WSDLException:
faultCode=PARSER_ERROR: Problem parsing 'https://llanowar:9001/HelloWorldService?wsdl'
.: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.getDocument(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
    at com.ibm.wsdl.xml.WSDLReaderImpl.readWSDL(Unknown Source)
    at
org
.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl.loadDefinition(WSDLManagerImpl.java:
210)
    at
org
.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLManagerImpl.getDefinition(WSDLManagerImpl.java:
175)
    at
org
.apache.cxf.wsdl11.WSDLServiceFactory.<init>(WSDLServiceFactory.java:91)
    ... 9 more
Caused by: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to
find valid certification path to requested target
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Alerts.java:
150)
    at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.fatal(SSLSocketImpl.java:
1584)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:
174)
    at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.fatalSE(Handshaker.java:
168)
    at
com
.sun
.net
.ssl
.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.serverCertificate(ClientHandshaker.java:
848)
    at
com
.sun
.net
.ssl
.internal.ssl.ClientHandshaker.processMessage(ClientHandshaker.java:106)
    at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.processLoop(Handshaker.java:495)
    at
com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Handshaker.process_record(Handshaker.java:
433)
    at
com
.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.readRecord(SSLSocketImpl.java:
877)
    at
com
.sun
.net
.ssl
.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.performInitialHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:
1089)
    at
com
.sun
.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:
1116)
    at
com
.sun
.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLSocketImpl.startHandshake(SSLSocketImpl.java:
1100)
    at
sun.net.www.protocol.https.HttpsClient.afterConnect(HttpsClient.java:
402)
    at sun.net.www.protocol.https.AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.connect
(AbstractDelegateHttpsURLConnection.java:166)
    at
sun
.net
.www
.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:
951)
    at
sun
.net
.www
.protocol
.https
.HttpsURLConnectionImpl.getInputStream(HttpsURLConnectionImpl.java:234)
    at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal
.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:973)
    at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal
.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:
184)
    at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:798)
    at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:764)
    at
com
.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:
148)
    at
com
.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:
250)
    at
com
.sun
.org
.apache
.xerces
.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:292)
    ... 15 more

It seems that the code that obtains the remote WSDL (WSDLReaderImpl)
is not using the trust manager configuration set in the spring
configuration file (WibbleClient.xml).   I can get to work if I set
the “javax.net.ssl.trustStore“ system property to the trust store I
configured in WibbleClient.xml, however this seems redundant and I
would think that the underlying client code would use a single point
of configuration, am I missing something?, is this intentional?, or is
this a bug?   Thanks in advance.

--Steve

Stephen Langella
Co-Founder
Inventrio, LLC
www.inventrio.com

Stephen.Langella@inventrio.com

Re: HTTPS

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
I think it's a config issue.    The client configurations for the conduits are
based on endpoint name, not URL.   Since the endpoint name isn't available as
part of grabbing the WSDL, it's not picking it up.   If you change the xml
configuration from:

<http:conduit name="{http://apache.org/hello_world_soap_http}SoapPort.http-
conduit">

to something like:

<http:conduit name="https://localhost:9001/.*">

or similar (use your host name if you aren't using localhost), it may work as
it will grab the configuration based on the URL instead of the endpoint name.

BTW:  if that works, submit a patch.   :-)

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org