Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2004/03/25 14:46:42 UTC

My take on the Cocoon kernel...

Ok, while I'm still waiting for the final release signature of the
code, I'm refactoring stuff into Cocon's own package names (it's
happening, just a matter of time).

The best hint I got so far has been "org.apache.cocoon.kernel", which I
quite like, so, to keep you updated on how things are going, this is
how I'm organizing it:

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.composition
   - The package which deals with objects composition, and their
placement in a block-aware environment

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.configuration
   - The package with all component-usable configuration/parametrization
related classes

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.containment
   - Interfaces and classes usable by components to access some of the
functionality of the framework
     (Imagine a sitemap configured to look up the status of all deployed
blocks)

org.apache.cocoon.kernel.core
   - The default "core" implementation of the block container.
     (These classes shouldn't be accessible by "normal" blocks)

That's all for now...

	Pier

Re: My take on the Cocoon kernel...

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Pier Fumagalli wrote:

> Ok, while I'm still waiting for the final release signature of the code,
> I'm refactoring stuff into Cocon's own package names (it's happening,
> just a matter of time).
>
> The best hint I got so far has been "org.apache.cocoon.kernel", which I
> quite like, so, to keep you updated on how things are going, this is how
> I'm organizing it:
>
> org.apache.cocoon.kernel.composition
>   - The package which deals with objects composition, and their
> placement in a block-aware environment
>
> org.apache.cocoon.kernel.configuration
>   - The package with all component-usable configuration/parametrization
> related classes
>
> org.apache.cocoon.kernel.containment
>   - Interfaces and classes usable by components to access some of the
> functionality of the framework
>     (Imagine a sitemap configured to look up the status of all deployed
> blocks)
>
> org.apache.cocoon.kernel.core
>   - The default "core" implementation of the block container.
>     (These classes shouldn't be accessible by "normal" blocks)
>
> That's all for now...

I like. +1

--
Stefano.