Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Stuart Wakefield <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/04 16:18:43 UTC

Encoded slash (%2F) in replication

Hi

I have the same issue as was described in:

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201003.mbox/%3C35959D90-96BB-4CA3-9014-282ED5C69CDD@compasspointtech.net%3E

Namely, I have couchdb behind an apache frontend. I need to be able to
replicate between that and another instance.

When the client starts replication it does a GET on a uri to couch
(and hence apache) like:

/dbname/_local%2Feb987f86f515044e9b8dc9c1b8bfd054

I don't have access to the apache configuration and it is configured
to return its default 404 response to any request which includes an
encoded slash (*). And as the default response is an html page couch
tries to decode this and promptly raises a decode error.

If i replace the "%2F" with a plain "/" then the command works.

>From a previous reply(**) i see advice to change apache configuration
so it allows urls of this form, however i am unable to do this as
apache isn't under my control.

Is this the use of an encoded slash a deliberate decision or is there
a plan to replace it with a plain one in a later version?

(*) http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#allowencodedslashes
(**) http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-user/201003.mbox/%3C055BFBA4-4298-4CCD-A52D-F4F86BA54BC7@apache.org%3E

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Stuart

Re: Encoded slash (%2F) in replication

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
Hi Stuart,

This issue is fixed in 1.1, about to be released soon hopefully.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org