Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Antti Salonen <as...@pp.fishpool.fi> on 2001/09/11 05:58:36 UTC

/soap/servlet/rpcrouter throws NullPointerException?

Hello,

I've installed Apache SOAP 2.2 under Apache Tomcat 3.2. I followed the
installation instructions on the Apache SOAP homepage, and installed
soap.jar, mail.jar and activation.jar in the server classpath. Apache
Xerces is version 1.4.1, JDK is Sun's 1.1.8.

I briefly tried the client side API, and it seems to work OK.

After installing the Apache SOAP web archive, the admin client also seems
to work OK. However, when I point my browser to the RPC router, I get an
HTTP error 500 with the following details:

---
Location: /soap/servlet/rpcrouter

Internal Servlet Error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
	at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.setAttribute(Context.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletContextFacade.setAttribute(ServletContextFacade.java)
	at org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.setServletClassLoaderIntoContext(ServerHTTPUtils.java:144)
	at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(RPCRouterServlet.java:173)
	at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doInit(ServletWrapper.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.init(Handler.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.init(ServletWrapper.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnection(HttpConnectionHandler.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java)
	at org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java)
---

According to the documentation the router servlet should handle the GET
request and return the following "Sorry, I don't speak via HTTP GET- you
have to use HTTP POST to talk to me".

Do any of you have any idea what could cause this? Currently I'm
personally all out of ideas.

-as