Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Maria Bauer <mb...@intarsys.de> on 2003/07/15 11:51:29 UTC

problems with i18n:attr

hi all,
hope that you can help me, i've got the following problem:

i've got a xsp-file, in which i defined the form field

<field name="packetID" type="text" length="20" description="packet_ID"
i18n:attr="description"/>

and
<message key="packet_ID">packet ID</message>

in "messages_en.xml".
The problem is that this attribute won't be translated (the default text
"packet_ID" is showed).
in a tutorial i found that i18n:attr isn't part of the i18:n namespace.
perhaps this could be the solution. but: which namespace it is part of????

thousand thanks!!!!

Re: problems with i18n:attr

Posted by Konstantin Piroumian <kp...@apache.org>.
From: "Maria Bauer" <mb...@intarsys.de>

> hi all,
> hope that you can help me, i've got the following problem:
>
> i've got a xsp-file, in which i defined the form field
>
> <field name="packetID" type="text" length="20" description="packet_ID"
> i18n:attr="description"/>
>
> and
> <message key="packet_ID">packet ID</message>
>
> in "messages_en.xml".

All is correct.

> The problem is that this attribute won't be translated (the default text
> "packet_ID" is showed).

Try to remove i18n transformer from the pipeline and see what is the output
from XSP. Seems that the namespace is lost somewhere.

> in a tutorial i found that i18n:attr isn't part of the i18:n namespace.

Where did you find that? i18n:attr is part of
http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1 namespace, which uses i18n prefix usually.

Regards,
  Konstantin

Re: problems with i18n:attr

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jo...@gmx.de>.
No, her syntax was correct - but I don't know why it shouldn't work.
Isn't anything logged anywhere?

Joerg

Re: problems with i18n:attr

Posted by Alex Romayev <ro...@yahoo.com>.