Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Lilly <rc...@lvcm.com> on 2002/08/05 03:51:57 UTC

Mod_python and Apache problems

Hello all,

I'm trying to get Mod_python to work with Apache 1.3.26 (Win32), mod_python
2.7.6, Python 2.2.1, PHP 4.22 on Windows 2000 Professional. Apache's running
fine, and so is PHP. I'm having trouble getting Python to work.

I get the following error when I try to access the mptest.py page:

--
 [Sat Aug 03 21:19:55 2002] [warn] Loaded DSO modules/mod_python.dll uses
plain Apache 1.3 API, this module might crash  under EAPI! (please recompile
 make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
 make_obcallback(): could not call init.
 make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
 make_obcallback(): could not call init.
 make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
 make_obcallback(): could not call init.
 make_obcallback(): could not import mod_python.apache.
 make_obcallback(): could not call init.
 [Sat Aug 03 21:20:07 2002] [error] [client 192.168.123.116] python_handler:
make_obcallback returned no obCallBack!
--

My httpd.conf contains the following:

    LoadModule python_module modules/mod_python.dll

    AddModule mod_python.c

    <Directory "E:/My Documents/RCL Enterprises/Web/htdocs/python">
            AddHandler python-program .py
            PythonHandler mptest
            PythonDebug on
    </Directory>

I try to access it using http://localhost/python/mptest.py and I get a 505
Internal Server Error. The error log contains the above.

Any clues about what I'm doing wrong? Does anyone have any pointers on
getting Python to work under Apache on Windows 2000?

TIA,

Robert Lilly
Apache/Python/PHP newbie!
---

Re: Mod_python and Apache problems

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
good catch :^)

cheers,
andy

Re: Finding Apache Process

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi grant,

what's the name you're searching for? i believe you should be looking
for processes named httpd, not for Apache.

cheers,
andy

Grant Cooper wrote:

> I can't find the Apache process? When I do a ps I can't see it. I know it's
> an executable and it's working but why can't I see it? I'm new to unix. But
> correct me if I'm wrong, if it's an executable it should have a process no?

"all you have is this actual nowness"
--
Borland -- Enabling a new digital world where our customers have the
freedom of choice to develop, deploy, and integrate applications across

confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you
are hereby
notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail,
and any
attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this
e-mail in
error,
please immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
any e-mail
and any printout thereof.

Finding Apache Process

Posted by Grant Cooper <gr...@nucleus.com>.

Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
here's what we use to build 1.x..

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.

Posted by Andy Cutright <ac...@borland.com>.
hi,

Posted by Robert Lilly <rc...@lvcm.com>.
Posted by "J. Greenlees" <ja...@shaw.ca>.
Robert Lilly wrote:
> I figured it out! So, for the sake of the archives, here's what I did.
>
> It turns out that there's a second mod_python folder buried several levels
> down inside the first one. THIS is the one that needs to go into python/Lib,
> as it contains the necessary libraries. I moved it out from it's hiding
> place and put it into python/Lib and it's "Hello world!"
congradulations.

Posted by Robert Lilly <rc...@lvcm.com>.
I figured it out! So, for the sake of the archives, here's what I did.

It turns out that there's a second mod_python folder buried several levels
down inside the first one. THIS is the one that needs to go into python/Lib,
as it contains the necessary libraries. I moved it out from it's hiding
place and put it into python/Lib and it's "Hello world!"

I've decided to ignore the EAPI warning, since I can't figure out how to
re-compile mod_python.dll for Windows. The source code I downloaded from
modpython.org compiles for *nix and Cygwin.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help!

Robert