Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Al Caponi <do...@yahoo.com.sg> on 2003/07/03 11:13:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Hiding webserver name/version from clients

Hi,
If I configure Apache not to give any hint on its web pages (e.g. error
pages) that the web server is Apache, is it possible for an advanced user to
find out the origin of the webserver through other means?
Is it possible, for security reasons, in Apache 1.x or 2.x to totally hide
the webserver name/version from the clients? I.e. If I don't want my clients
to know that the server they are connecting to is an Apache etc.

Many thanks,
Al.

Re: [users@httpd] Hiding webserver name/version from clients

Posted by Miguel González Castaños <mg...@tid.es>.
AFAIK you can use tools as idserve and retrieve some information of the
webserver. What you
say It would be nice to hide some information to the the average user...

HTH

Miguel

Al Caponi ha escrito:

Posted by Jeff Cohen <su...@gej-it.com>.